Saturday, August 21, 2010

What kind of Italian dressing do you use for pasta salad recipe?

I am making pasta salad for a picnic (tri-colored noodles, pepperoni, cheese, tomatoes, etc.) It says to stir in Italian dressing, but I was wondering which Italian dressing is best?





Also, what kind of cheese do I use? I need to ';cube'; cheese...what is the best type of cheese to use in the pasta salad?What kind of Italian dressing do you use for pasta salad recipe?
i have known a lot of people to use marzetti and it was delicious.What kind of Italian dressing do you use for pasta salad recipe?
I make this salad all the time, but I don't use Italian dressing, because I find it to be a little too tangy/sharp. I prefer to use a Caesar dressing - it's a bit more mellow and rich in flavor, and goes so well with everything else. I usually buy Ken's.





Mozarella cheese (part-skim) works really well in this - kinda keeps with the whole pasta/pepperoni/Italian thing - and it's what I use most of the time. I also usually will toss in a quarter cup of a really good Parmigiano-Reggiano.
There is a new Kraft Tuscan House Italian that just came out and it is supposed to have little pieces of veggies and herbs in it and I have heard it is really good...so I would use that..should work out great for a pasta salad.


As far as the cheese, traditionally I think Mozzarella is used but you can use whatever you like. You might want to try shaving some Pecorino or Romano or Parmesan into it also. Homemade pasta salad is very versatile and can be made any way you wish..so whatever sounds good to ya..go for it..


Hope this helps..


Ciao!!
I like creamy italian and I would use a extra sharp wisconsin, new york, or vermont cheddar. P.S. I ';cube'; genoa salami in my pasta salad
For bottled Italian dressing, I like Wish Bone. You can use mozzarella cubes or a sharp chedder.
I prefer Ken's Northern Italian Light. As far as cheese goes, I like either Vermont or Canadian sharp cheddar, added just before serving so it doesn't break up.
use some sargento mozzarella and some colby jack cheese and then light wishbone italian dressing yummmm =]
Paul Newmans is the best!


I buy the string cheese and cut them up in bite size pieces to put in my salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment