Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I wanna make refrigerated chicken pasta salad and i cant find any recipes anywhere... do you know a good one?

something like a tuna salad but with chicken hahahaI wanna make refrigerated chicken pasta salad and i cant find any recipes anywhere... do you know a good one?
I have two different ones I make. Depends on my mood. Both start off by boiling some chicken and then once it's done, shredding it.





Chicken salad #1: I add to my chicken, halved fresh grapes, a can of mandarin oranges and a can of pineapple tidbits. Add to this enough mayonnaise to keep it moist.





Chicken salad #2: To the chicken add diced celery, one or two diced hard boiled eggs, diced dill pickles, diced cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, a little garlic powder and enough mayonnaise to keep it moist.





Enjoy.I wanna make refrigerated chicken pasta salad and i cant find any recipes anywhere... do you know a good one?
http://allrecipes.com/
This is off the top of my head...





I usually make a cold cheese tortellini salad.. cucumbers, tomatos, and peppers diced, then cook the tortellini, and once it's done (it floats when done) put it in a strainer and run cold water over it, take everything and mix into a bowl with a bottle of Italian dressing.





Going off of that, I'd say maybe substitute the tortellini with bow-ties or elbows, and cool some chicken then dice it or shred it and mix it the same way as the tortellini salad I make, or instead make cold macaroni salad and just add the chicken to it
One we recent had you take chicken (seasoned with lemon pepper) and cook it through. Cube it. Toss with pasta, tomatoes, feta cheese, and italian dressing. Quite tastey.





Otherwise, you could get can chicken. Prep it just like you would a good tuna salad just using the chicken instead. Our favorite is pasta, hardboiled egg (whites only), mayo, mustard, garlic powder, celery, peas and then the the tuna (or chicken in your case). Add a little milk to make it more creamy.
I usually boil my chicken with celery, onions and carrots until cooked. (I use the stock for soup later on) Then, I like to shred my chicken, because I don't like big chunks of chicken. I add sliced almonds, mayonaise, a little lemon juice, celery, onion and pasta. Salt, pepper and a little garlic powder to taste. I've also added craisins to it, which is good as well.
Check this site out, I use this to make my chicken pasta salad. I hope this helps.
I would think you would make it like tuna salad . but boil your chicken first and let it cool and then take it off the bone , or you can use boneless skinless chiken and broil it and dice it up and then mix it up in the rest of your stuff and let it cool . just put the things in it like you would your tuna salad ,but instead of the tuna your adding , your going to be adding chicken .

No comments:

Post a Comment