Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need a substitute for parmesan cheese, for a pasta recipe. I'm allergic to parmesan & ricotta cheese. Thanks

The recipe calls for 1 cup of parmesan cheese.I need a substitute for parmesan cheese, for a pasta recipe. I'm allergic to parmesan %26amp; ricotta cheese. Thanks
you might be allergic to those cheeses because they have something in them that the body can't take. try soy or rice cheese. it is a good substitute because it is good for you and you are unlikely to be allergic to it.I need a substitute for parmesan cheese, for a pasta recipe. I'm allergic to parmesan %26amp; ricotta cheese. Thanks
have you tried any soy based cheeses??
I always use swiss, becuase my family here is allergic to the rigada cheese. I do this in my lasnga
white mellow miso has striking similarities to the flavor profile of aged hard cheeses.





If it isn't a dairy issue, you may try cotija cheese -- this is a milder Mexican semi hard cheese that can be crumbled-- that you might be able to find at your local mercato.
Try Asigo cheese i prefer it to parm. in the first place, I'm notsure if you sre allergic to cow's milk though, so be carefull. Here's some info and background on it that might help.
If it's just parm %26amp; ricotta that you are allergic to, try substuting shredded swiss?
you could substitute either asiago or romano for the parm. and cottage cheese for the ricotta. My mom does that with lasagna all the time.
Try a soy substiture for the cheese. I hate soy but the cheese substitutes are pretty good. And it's good for you. My Female Dr started me using them for female issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment