Monday, August 23, 2010

What kind of dry white wine is best for a creamy pasta sauce recipe?

I want to make a creamy garlic white wine pasta dish for dinner, but am absolutely lost when it comes to choosing the right kind of dry white wine. I keep seeing people say to buy what you'd like to drink, but to be honest I haven't been exposed to many different wines. I just love the white wine pasta dishes served at nice Italian restaurants, and wanted to make my own for my husband for dinner tonight.What kind of dry white wine is best for a creamy pasta sauce recipe?
Pinot Gregio, not sure if I spelled it correctly. You can drink the rest of it. It is a perfect cooking wine.What kind of dry white wine is best for a creamy pasta sauce recipe?
Don't use chardonnay unless you want an overwhelming butter and oak taste. I've been using pinot grigio, sometimes chenin blanc. As a little tip, unless you want to drink wine with dinner, get one of those little 4 packs of mini bottles. Less waste that way, and one mini-bottle is usually enough, and then you always have some in the fridge for something else, like risotto.
Pinot Grigio will add an acidity to your creamy garlic sauce that should enhance the complexity of the flavors. Use the same bottle to serve with dinner to complement the flavors. One thing, wine doesn't react well with high heat, so go slow. Bon apetit.
  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment