Friday, July 30, 2010

I need Pasta recipes?

Im cooking dinner tonight and i want to make a fancy pasta dish. Im cook for four. Thank you for your help!


also i need exact recipes not just suggestions


THANKS!I need Pasta recipes?
Linguini. Easy. But still tasty.





First boil the Linguini (I would use 2 packs for 4 people. then you will have leftovers too! Or mabye just 1 and a half packs.)


Boil your water. When it comes to a boil put the linguini in. Check it every few minutes until it comes to the tenderness you want it to be. (or just follow the intructions on the package.)





For the sauce. I'm always to lazy to make my own sauce. So I would buy canned or sauce in a jar. Some of them are already seasoned. But I would buy the sauce that isn't seasoned. I always enjoy the seasoning myself. Get the sauce. And be creative. creativity with cooking is spectacular. Also I would put a touch of basalmic vinegar (about a capful. depends on how much sauce you make. taste it and see how you like it.) in it.. DON'T ADD SUGAR. I think sugar in sauce is just gross. Basalmic Vinegar is the way to go. Also add basil and TONS OF GARLIC. =]





If you want a chunky sauce you can put ground beef in it.





Fry the ground beef until its done and drain the grease then add it to the sauce.


also you can put diced tomatoes and peppers. and onions.





also if you like mushrooms you can fry some mushrooms and then put them in the sauce.





Or if you don't want a meaty sauce but want something else that is meaty you can grill some chicken or bake some chicken.





(sorry I'm really bad at giving exacts...obviously)I need Pasta recipes?
I've made this pasta side dish a few times, and it's always been a hit with my family. I'm more of a 'pinch of this, dash of that' kind of cook, so these measurements are guesstimates.





1 - 1 1/2 cups of your favourite pasta


1/2 onion, chopped


2 sm-med. Cloves of garlic, finely chopped (this amount is totally flexible, depending on how much you like garlic)


1/4 cup of plain cream cheese, cut into manageable cubes


Tbsp of butter or margarine


Milk


Salt, pepper, dried dill %26amp; cumin to taste





Put your pasta into a pot of boiling, salted water. When it's about half cooked, I add the onions to the water. Once everything is cooked through, drain well, and put back into the pot. Add the butter or margarine, and cream cheese, stirring to melt. Add the milk a splash at a time, until everything becomes nice and creamy. Throw in your garlic, salt and pepper and start sprinkling in the dill. Just keep adding until everything tastes good to you. Super easy...super tasty!
Okay I have a pasta dish I made up.





This works best with smaller, shaped pasta rather than strand spaghetti like pasta.





Boil a box of pasta (like rotelle or penne) in salted water





Strain it,





Saute some chopped/minced garlic, enough to your liking. Id put a measurement down, but I love A LOT of garlic.





You can either chop up your own tomatoes (I use plum or grape tomatoes for this) or go buy a can of them (especially the seasoned kind)





Mix with the garlic, add pasta and some olive oil, stir around. Add any herbs and spices...oregano, parsley salt pepper





Then add a heaping cup (or two...to your liking) of shredded (or thinly sliced fresh) mozzarella cheese. Put a lid on it and let it melt.





So delicious!
This is very delicious and very lean too!


roasted red pepper pesto





1 cup roasted rep peppers packed in oil


1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves


2 garlic cloves


1-2 tablespoons olive oil


6 tablespoons good quality parmesan cheese


8-10 cashews or pistachios 9 you can use 2 tablespoons pine nuts instead)


1-2 tablespoons of the pepper water


salt and pepper to taste





Combine all in food processor till smooth.





use on penne pasta or a cheese tortellini


you can add chicken or shrimp
If you go to this website it has a lot of pasta recipes:





http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment