Friday, July 30, 2010

Can someone help me with a pasta recipe I have...?

If it says to brown the meat and then mix the meat, cheese, sauce, and penne noodles in a casserole dish and bake- does that mean to put the dry noodles in, or do I have to boil them first? Sorry- don't make fun of me, I'm new at the whole recipe thing...Can someone help me with a pasta recipe I have...?
Read this Italian pasta blog. You will be happy to see it...





At Pranzo or lunch today, my special someone and I prepared our traditional pasta with thick tomato sauce. This is the original recipe of mamma who has stayed with her restaurant in the city for at least six years when she was still young. Everytime mamma prepares this sauce, I can smell the delicious taste of the upcoming lunch. And yes, Italians are fund of these thick tomato sauces and you will have a look how it is done. I'm gonna share with you my lunch preparation for today.





Step One: Prepare the beef cuts. I prefer the one with bones but with thick meat around. It is around 2 inches by 3 inches in dimension. Please don't tell it's a bit big because it would shrink later.





Step Two: Saute the thawed beef cuts into oil (we use olive here) and sliced onion. To add more taste, you may add a vinegar to make it more sour. We uses Aceto Balsamico but this is optional. Let the outer side (exposed portion) of the meat go brown by flipping the cuts from time to time while sauteing.





Step Three : When all the beef go brown, add the tomato sauce diluted in water. (The photo shows the vinegar brand and the tomatoe sauce we used. The bottle of sauce can be used twice or thrice depending on the amount of sauce to be made).





.... and so on...





Also on this page, you will see the detailed photography of the cooking. You will never regret visiting this site as I did.





Scroll down after the photos are the step by step procedures on pasta preperation...





lick here to see... http://ilovephilippinestoo.blogspot.com/2008/01/saucy-pasta-day.htmlCan someone help me with a pasta recipe I have...?
Cook them first for 11 minutes, unless the recipe has a lot of extra liquid. If its just the sauce, that's not enough to soften the noodles.





I have a similar recipe and you put cooked penne noodles on the bottom of the pan, then you put mozzarella cheese over the noodles, then you put your meat marinara sauce over that, then one more layer of cheese, then bake it for 25 minutes at 350. Its to die for!
if you aren't completely sure, my advice would be to cook the noodles about half way and add to the casserole dish. Depending on the type of sauce you are using it may be enough liquid to cook the noodles, but according to what you have written it doesn't specify. Good Luck!
Always cook the noodles first, but not til they are soft, they should still be a bit firm to the teeth.


It is really rare to use dry pasta in a recipe - for lasagne, for example, they make noodles especially made to be used dry, but I don't like the texture of them. Better to cook pasta first.


Good luck with your cooking adventures!
boil your noodles first.


but what I do is not cook them fully, meaning boil them until they are soft but not mushy, ry one and if they seem like they still have a little firmness to them, but are not crunchy, thats good enough. They will continue to cook in the oven. Usually I boil for about 10 minutes, then bake as directed
What you are doing is a Baked zitti....Just like a lasagna..You have to cook the noodles...but leave them a little bit Al dente ( uncooked center) and you should be fine
all the recipes i have, you cook the noodles first.
I'm not sure about your recipe, but you cant put the dry pasta in with the cheese, otherwise the cheese would burn before the pasta was cooked. So I would think that you first boil your pasta leaving a little of the water with the dish and then put in the oven to cook to-gether. sorry I cant help any further.
Cook the noodles while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients. Drain the pasta and add it to the meat and cheese in the casserole dish.
I would boil the noodles first. Boil until tender but slightly firm. The sauce during the baking process will take them the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment