Monday, November 21, 2011

Recipe: simple tomato-flavour pasta meal with kidney beans?

Hi I'm on cooking dinner tonight, I don't know how to cook much but I want to cook some pasta, and mix it with beans cooked with onion, garlic and tomato puree (also chopped tomatoes, soy sauce, italian herbs, salt). And I guess I'll put some cheese on top of it all.





Those are just my thoughts on how I should cook it but I've never done it before, so any hints? Any suggestions on what else to add - or what not to add - or how to do it?





Thanks very muchRecipe: simple tomato-flavour pasta meal with kidney beans?
I'd skip the soy sauce, otherwise, you are right on track--salt and pepper of course. Make sure you put salt in the water before you cook the pasta. The pot will boil over too, so you have to watch it--I put a big metal spoon in mine. Also follow the directions on the box, because one cup of uncooked pasta expands about triple. It won't take long. Chop the onion and garlic and fry it very lightly in some olive oil or oil (saute). The garlic will burn real fast, so stay by the stove and keep stuff moving--it won't take long--add the puree and your Italian herbs and pepper and I can of water--let it simmer on low heat. Drain and rinse the beans. Bring a pot of water to boiling, add salt, cook the pasta according to directions 6-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander/strainer. You can add a little of the pasta water to the tomato mixture. Mix everything together and just put it back on the heat for a couple minutes, but make sure the fire is low so it doesn't burn. Don't stir the pasta a lot because everything will get gooey. Serve it up and put some cheese on top.Recipe: simple tomato-flavour pasta meal with kidney beans?
That sounds like a terrific idea for a dish. Since you're cooking tonight, use canned beans... I think butter beans or fava beans if you can find them.





Start with the onion and saute it in extra virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes, until it is soft. Then add the garlic and stir for a minute. Add the tomato puree and tomatoes and stir until almost at a boil. Then add the herbs and let simmer for a minute or two.





I would not put soy sauce in this dish. The tomatoes have enough sodium in them to flavor it. If you choose your herbs wisely, additional salt won't be necessary.





Pour the sauce over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with cheeses, Mozarella or Provolone and Parmesan.
Try some Cajun Spices for some Louisiana kick in it!
add some chili powder and maybe some red pepper flakes and make it like chili and pasta.......not sure about the cheese, maybe you should let them put that on if they want. Add some corn if you like, I take it you don't want meat in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment