Monday, November 21, 2011

Question about a certain pasta type - looking for recipe help?

At the store the other day I picked up a bag of Filini pasta. I was thinking about using it to cook lunch for self and the kids. Only thing is I can't seem to find a recipe for anything but two soup recipes online to use it for, AllRecipes, and Cooks.com, have no listings (they think I misspelled the word!)





Have you ever cooked with this pasta, or eaten something cooked with it? Even just ideas would be wonderful. I'm stuck without a car today so I can't pick anything up at the store. I was going to use chicken breasts, and I have some veg at home here - just can't seem to find a good recipe to do so. Thanks in advance!Question about a certain pasta type - looking for recipe help?
Filini are generally used for soup because they're a small cut of pasta.


Just use it like you'd use spaghetti or angel hair (capellini) but follow the cooking time shown on your bag.Question about a certain pasta type - looking for recipe help?
CHICKEN ALFREDO





2 c. cooked chicken, chopped up


2 jars Alfredo sauce


2 c. mushrooms


1 lb. fettuccine or any pasta


2 tsp. butter





Saute chicken and mushrooms in butter until lightly brown. Pour in Alfredo sauce over chicken and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Pour mixture over cooked fettuccine or pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment