Monday, November 21, 2011

Recipe for homemade pasta sauce? Please help! I'm making dinner tonight!?

I'm having a little dinner party for my friends tonight. They all requested pasta. Some of them are italian and never eat jarred sauces. I want to make my own. Any good recipes??? I want to run out to the store now so it can start cooking and I want it to simmer all day. I heard it's better that way.


I want to use ...


Crushed tomatoes


Onion


Garlic cloves


Basil, Parsley, Oregano .. etc.


Is that all I need?





How much of all this do I need?


Cooking for 6


But I want extra so I can freeze it for more uses in the future.





Thank you!!!!Recipe for homemade pasta sauce? Please help! I'm making dinner tonight!?
It sounds like you have some excellent ingredients already, and a small amount of red wine added to the sauce as it reduces would be good?





If some of your guests like meat, you could always make some meatballs for those who want to add them to their own dish? :o)





Either that, or two different pots of sauces... one vegetarian and one with meat sauce (sweet sausage, meatballs, or both)





Don't forget the garlic bread, parmesan cheese and salad.. YUMMY! :op





Oh p.s... I agree that going on to sites like All Recipes.com, the Food Network, and any of the other kazillion cooking sites is always a great way to get some pointers..





I'll bet by the time you're done, yours will be better than ANY of theirs! :o)Recipe for homemade pasta sauce? Please help! I'm making dinner tonight!?
I always use this recipe here http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe鈥?/a>


*See the serving sizes and calculate yourself depending on how much you'd like to freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment