Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm looking for a recipe for this pasta dish?

I had it at a pot luck and now I want to try to make it. It had different noodles in it, long round tube like ones. It was orange in color with greens in it. It might have had a tangy cheese flavor maybe? Not overly powerful. Anyone have any ideas what I'm talking about?I'm looking for a recipe for this pasta dish?
Sounds like baked ziti to me. Its made with penne pasta (long, round tubes). There are about a 1000 ways to make it.





Its a casserole dish. From your description, I would suggest to just bake the noodles with with a tomato cream sauce (a mixture of marinara and alfredo sauce) parmesan and spinach.





Edit: Sounds like a type of pasta salad. Try tossing penne pasta with a vinaigrette, spinach and parmesan. Or, it could have been made with a creamy dressing, like 1000 Ise or some type of yogurt dressing.I'm looking for a recipe for this pasta dish?
I know this dish the key ingredient to it was...


-Italian dressing (non creamy kind)


-pasta noodles (only thing cooked)


-raw onions (purple for color diced)


-raw chives (diced)


-oregano


You can also add


-chicken (diced)


-raw bell peppers (diced you can use red yellow orange and green)


-raw celery (sliced)


-raw carrots (shaved)


-cilantro


mix serve cold I don't know the name of it though
You must be pertaining to Puttanesca Pasta with the olives and capers in it. mmmmmmmmm my favorite. The name is derived from the woman who just got off (esca=exit) from her night cruising profession already so tired and very hungry grabs the different types of pasta just to create a pasta dish.
Wondering if they were Ziti noodles possibly? Can you name any other ingredients, flavors, or a guess at Nationality? Happy to help if you either e-mail or update your post ;)
sounds like Ziti pasta but as far as a sauce who knows ask the person who hosted the party maybe they would know. at most mixers there's always one woman who knows just what everyone brought and how well it was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment